5 Business strategy
01. Repelling external threats
- Management of the regulatory risk arising from the possible entry into force of the solutions contained in the Clean Energy for All Europeans package, such as the transfer of responsibility to the regional coordination centres and change of the paradigm of security measures from the national to regional perspective.
- Management of the risk of loss of ability to control/manage the operation of the PPS, related to cyber-attacks against IT/OT systems of the transmission system operator and distribution system operators, generators, traders, power exchanges or industrial consumers.
- Management of the risk of unavailability of infrastructure by developing cooperation with government administration in order to ensure joint and several responsibility for the physical security of the Company's facilities and for ensuring adequate measures to protect IT and technical resources, and protection from hostile actions.
02. Representing the interests of the national electricity market
- Reducing tariff costs by decreasing unscheduled flows, achieved through coordination of the capacity calculation process, including the management of phase shifter settings and high-cost remedial actions such as redispatching, covering all PPS borders with the DA and ID Flow-Based Market Coupling mechanism.
- Management of the regulatory risk arising from the possible entry into force of the various solutions of the Clean Energy for All Europeans package, including:
- failure to take into account the specificities of the TSOs using central management of the system,
- no possibility to co-optimise purchases of balancing energy, remedial actions and reserves in a single process,
- non-optimal division of markets into price zones,
- retaining provisions that promote the energy only market, with restrictive areas for the dual-commodity market.
03. Security for future generations
- Long-term security of electricity supply. Implementing the capacity market and supporting tools.
- Pursuing the Strategy for Sustainable Development. Responsibility for the impact of the Company's operations on national economy, the natural environment and society.
04. Responsible development
- Full network model with integrated acquisition of electricity and ancillary services as a basis for efficient electricity markets. Introduction of locational pricing as a mechanism that coordinates the functioning of generating and load resources and improving the quality of investment signals.
- Avoiding the transfer to future generations of the stranded costs of depreciation of assets that have lost their usefulness owing to a change in operation of the power system.
- PSE's care of public interests (system data and measurement information).
- Innovations aimed at adjusting the system to a new shape of markets and new technologies (electro mobility, multi-agent systems, local balancing zones, IoT, storage, distributed generation and change of the energy mix.
05. Stable operation of the system
- Operation continuity – planning, implementing, testing and improving procedures related to the Company's day-to-day operations.
- Continuous improvement of the Polish power system's transmission infrastructure maintenance model based on Reliability Cantered Maintenance (RCM), and in the long term on Predictive Maintenance (PdM) Techniques. PSE's approach is based on the assessment of priorities in planning repairs, upgrades, physical protection of facilities and new investment projects.
- Intervention DSR service.
06. Money spent in a better way
- New investment implementation model
- Improving the balancing market model
- Smart PSE:
- Strengthening the security culture,
- Implementing the culture of innovation and flexibility,
- Making the most of the potential of the employees who cooperate and share knowledge.
- Adaptive capacity of the Company: know-how, structures and internal procedures prepared for quick legislative changes taking place in the energy market, and the technical and organisational requirements of new solutions.
- Human capital: employee development, competence management, job evaluation, strengthening the organisational culture based on responsibility and professionalism.
- PPS and energy market data.